Abundance of rain
Text: 1kings 18:41
In 1 Kings, chapter 18, the Samaritans had been in a great famine. For three and a half years, there was no rain. The people barely had food; they were barely surviving. Then Prophet Elijah showed up and said to King Ahab: “I hear the sound of the abundance of rain.” When he said that, there was not a cloud in the sky. There was no sign of rain at all, yet he chose to believe what he heard in his spirit, in spite of what he saw. With his eyes, he saw drought, famine and barrenness, but down in his spirit, he heard the sound of the abundance of rain.
Elijah saw the rain before it came down. With the eyes of faith, Elijah saw rain. Three significant things happened in Elijah’s faith.
• Elijah heard from the right source about the rain.
• Elijah saw the rain before it came down.
• Elijah declared the rain (He said it).
This was the message of the Chairman Of Conference of the United Evangelical Church, Worldwide, Reverend Samuel Udeme Ebukiba (a.k.a the finger of God) to the entire church in his maiden sermon on the first Sunday, January 5, 2020 at the 30-day prayer convocation organised by Itiam Etoi, Akwa Ibom State branch of the church.
Elijah told Ahab to go for the rain, which was about to fall, because he heard it. He saw it and declared it. May God open our spiritual eyes to see in this year 2020.1Kings 18:41-19, Jeremiah 1:11, Joshua 6:1.
The rain must fall in all ramifications of our lives this year. The children of Israel were asked to go and spy on the land of Canaan. Out of the number that went, 10 said the people of the land were too strong for Israel, but Joshua and Caleb said Israel could take the land. Two of the spies — Joshua and Caleb — did not go along with the majority and tried to convince Israelites that they could conquer the land:
“Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, ‘we should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”
Begin to be positive this year, as we launch into seeing the deep in the realm of the spirit, “what you do not perceive you cannot receive.” The finger of God declared on God’s exalted alter that in a little while, every eye shall see and every mouth shall confess how wonderful is the name Jesus. God said it; Elijah saw it. Issues are settled in the spiritual and manifest in the physical.
Zechariah 10:1. Amplified Bible (AMP): “Ask for rain from the Lord at the time of the spring rain. It is the Lord Who makes the thunder clouds; And He will give them showers of rain, grass in the field to everyone.”
He admonished the congregation that the rain will come down in this 30-day prayer and fasting. He further challenged members to step up in their prayer lives and learn to do new things; spend good time with God in payers. Elijah was able to see, hear and say because he spent ample time with God in prayers.
Out of the thick cloud comes heavy rain, “PUSH” (Pray Until Something Happens). Ask God this year for the abundance of rain and it must fall.
Philippians 4:19 Amplified Bible (AMP): “And my God will liberally supply (fill until full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
• This year, your financial rain must come down in Jesus Name.
• Rain of favour will drop on you in Jesus’ name.
• Rain of Revival will fall upon the church significantly in Jesus’ name.
• There will be abundant rain of marriages this year in Jesus’ name.
• There will be rain of breakthrough in all ramifications of your lives this year in Jesus’ name.
• Some people may have written you off maritally, financially, or you have near successes syndrome. When the grace of abundance of rain comes down, the jinx will be broken and so shall it be in your life and destiny.
• Go ahead and enjoy the rain as it lasts in Jesus’ name.
• Abundance of rain will make favour to locate you in Jesus’ name.
God bless and Keep you.
• Reverend Samuel Udeme Ebukiba (a.k.a, Finger Of God) is Chairman Of Conference, United Evangelical Church Worldwide.
No comments yet