How to turn prophecies into reality
2 Kings 7:1-16.
What is Prophecy? This is any message coming from God to you. It is generally a prediction of the future and what is going to happen. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 14:3 that prophecy is for edification (building up), exhortation (encouragement) and comfort. This is what gives hope in a hopeless situation and increases your faith in God. Prophecy propels you to do what ordinarily you cannot or do not want to do. It inspires you to do the unthinkable, so that you can achieve the remarkable. It is a road map to guide you to action and enables you see what God has planned ahead, so you can contend for it.
In the above scripture, Prophet Elisha made an audacious prophecy when Israel was besieged and there was so much hunger that people began to eat their children. He said: “By this time tomorrow, a measure of fine flour will be sold for a shekel and two measures of barley for a shekel in the gates of Samaria.” At the end of the day, the prophecy came to pass in spite of the fact that the situation on ground looked completely hopeless and there was an officer of the King who said this would not be possible.
This year, there is going to be a sudden change and an overnight turnaround in spite of the economic realities of our times as a nation. I am sure you are saying, I have heard such prophecies before and nothing happened. Beloved, the truth of the matter is that you have to contend for prophecies to make them come to pass. You have to wage what Paul calls “a good warfare” because there are powers that do not want prophecies to be fulfilled in your life and there are many voices out there crying “impossible.”
How to contend for Prophecies:
• Listen and listen again to the prophetic word spoken over your life. Internalise and personalise them.
• Confess them each day and believe they will come to pass. 2 Chronicles 20:20
• Act upon the word. Follow the instructions given to you. Note that, it is the instructions you obey that guarantee your promotion.
How to ensure your prophecies are not hijacked:
• Honour God with your life. (Proverbs 3:9-10). Note that God can change his mind, so you cannot afford to live carelessly. Serve God diligently and dutifully.
• Engage in Fasting and Prayers. 1 Kings 18:41-46. After hearing the prophetic word, enter into fasting and prayers because enemies will rise to counter the prophecy. Remember in the passage of today, Elisha had to deal ruthlessly with the King’s officer who stood to oppose the prophecy.
• Powers that ridicule prophecies assigned against me this year die.
• Every power that wants to make the Prophet a liar in my life, you will not succeed in Jesus name.
• Household enemies and environmental powers gathered to abort prophecies in my life, die
• Anything in me that aborts prophecies, die
• Father grant me understanding of what to do to make prophecies manifest in my life this year in Jesus name.
For enquiries contact: Elshaddai Covenant Church, 7, Social Club Road, Off Charity Road, Abule-Egba. Tel: 08080929292; 08182281184 (WhatsApp messages only).
No comments yet