Evidence of wrong relationship 2019 – Part 8
Relationship with someone that is not saved:
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk-in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (KJV)” (2 Corinthians 6:14-16).
Getting into a relationship with a man or a woman that has no relationship with God is what the Bible called unequal yoke and that is evidence of the wrong relationship. If you are born again, you need to start your relationship with someone who is also born again. You need a God-fearing child of God, someone who has a relationship with God. It is not enough to just look for a churchgoer or a religious person. You must find out how that person serves God. It is always good to be in a relationship with someone who believes what you believe and practice what you practice. If you are a believer, you are two paralleled lines with any unbeliever; you are not supposed to come together.
From the Old Testament, God warned His people not to marry the Canaanites because they are not in covenant with God. Furthermore, the Canaanites have the tendency to cause sorrow of heart to others and thirdly, because they are capable of drawing them away from God. We must not claim to be wiser than God. No one can be as wise as God. He is the author of marriage; He created us and knows what is best for us. We cannot be wiser than our creator. He made us and He said it is not good for us to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. In case you are already in a kind of situation you need to repent and break away from such a relationship. No matter how benevolent, an unbeliever is an unbeliever.
Why you must not marry an unbeliever?
• The issue of your relationship with God will always become a conflict when you marry an unbeliever.
• You cannot force anyone to get saved or repent. It is purely the work of the Holy Spirit and you are not the Holy Spirit.
• Every unbeliever is a child of the devil who says the word of God. Marrying an unbeliever will make the devil become your father-in-law and he will be visiting you with his gifts like strife, malice, confusion, quarrels, misunderstandings, sicknesses, and diseases.
• Marrying an unbeliever can make your children become confused in the future.
• There can be no agreement in prayers.
• The spiritual sets the pace for other areas of your life, marrying an unbeliever will affect other areas of your life negatively.
• Your spouse can serve as an in-road for the devil and his agents in your family.
• God’s idea of a help meet for you will be defeated if you marry an unbeliever.
• Amos 3:3 says that two cannot walk together except they are agreed upon. A child of God and an unbeliever must not come together as one.
• Courtship with an unbeliever most of the times leads to premarital sex and sometimes premarital pregnancies.
• As believers the word of God warns us not to marry unbelievers because believers are guided by the Bible – the word of God, we see the Bible as our personal constitution but the unbelievers do not.
• An unbeliever is ruled by the devil and the flesh, he can turn you to a punching bag.
• Anyone who has not received the love of God cannot manifest the true love of God to others. Only true believers in Christ have all it takes to truly love.
• The unbeliever will always see you as a fanatic or an extremist.
• An unbeliever will remain a thorn in your flesh.
Excerpt from my book “EVIDENCE OF WRONG RELATIONSHIP”
Contact: Everwinning Faith Ministries Int’l
31, Oritse Street, off Awolowo way, Balogun B/stop, Ikeja, Lagos.
Or Everwinning Faith Ministries Int’l
Everwinning Faith Avenue, White sand, Isheri-Osun, (after Ijegun) Lagos. 08023997277, 08059203554.
No comments yet