The wonders of his birth
Text: Luke 2: 1- 14
Preamble: Jesus’ birth ushered in an age of enlightenment. His birth brought light to those in darkness and ignorance of sin. It brought hope to the hopeless- the hope of eternal life. What makes the difference is the Saviour being born into a man’s heart. The Christmas season is not for wining and dining, it is not for new clothes and shoes. What is important is the acknowledgment of the essence of the birth of Christ.
Why is the birth of Christ distinguished from every other birth?
• The birth of Christ brought peace: Man, prior to the birth of Christ, was at enmity with God. But the birth of Christ brought peace –Luke 2: 14
By accepting Christ into your life, you have peace with God.
Has the birth of Christ brought peace into your life?
You can be and have everything in life, but if you do not have peace with God, you have wasted your time and without peace with God, you have no reason to celebrate Christmas.
• The birth of Christ brought great joy: This joy is qualified as great (Luke 2: 10) because, it is lasting joy, the joy of salvation, the joy of assurance of life after death. It cannot be received by any other means but Christ. Everything you do in this season outside Christ earns you temporal happiness, but the joy Jesus brings is eternal, irrevocable and irreversible.
What effect has Christmas made in your life? Your decision to allow Jesus to be born into your heart today will cause heaven to rejoice –Luke 15: 7
Use this season also to affect someone’s life.
• The birth of Christ brought hope: Christian hope has its basis in the birth of Christ. Colossians 1: 27- Christ is our hope of glory. Hope in man will fail.
• The birth of Christ is an act of love: This love is unconditional and immeasurable. This Season is the time to manifest love and not hatred.
You cannot celebrate love when you do not have love. Jesus is love personified- 2 Corinthians 13: 14
The love of God is eternal; it abides forever. We are commanded to show and share His love with people around us this season.
• The birth of Christ brought us freedom: Jesus came to buy us freedom- Galatians 4: 4-5(NLT). We are no longer slaves to the law (cultural laws, traditional laws, etc). Jesus bought our freedom, therefore, we are no more slaves or in bondage. We are free to live life to the fullest.
Finally, whatever you do this Season, do all to give Him glory.
Pastor Emmanuel Israel, United Evangelical Church (Founded As Qua Iboe Church), Itiam Etoi
No comments yet