Olubadan installs four new Mogajis, one Baale
• As New Iyalode Makes Maiden Outing
His Imperial Majesty, Olubadan of Ibadanland, Kabiyesi Oba Saliu Adetunji, Aje Ogungunniso 1,on Monday, March 25, this year, approved the appointments of four new Mogajis and one Baale in Ibadanland.
At the traditional ceremony held in his Palace, Popo, Ibadan, Oyo State of Nigeria, Olubadan Aje Ogungunniso 1, congratulated the new chiefs on their appointments which the royal father described as divine and in conformity with the time- honoured Ibadan Traditional Chieftaincy System, whereby a willing, suitable and popular male is selected as the Head (Mogaji) of his family.
Such appointee is known and called Mogaji-elect, until he and his family members are invited formally to the Olubadan Palace and his selection confirmed by the Olubadan.
The four newly appointed Mogajis are:
• Chief Muritala Lawal, Mogaji Ope Agbe Omiyale Family, Omiyale Area, Ibadan
• Chief Wahab Sanusi Adelowo, Mogaji Asunmo Family, Inalende Area, Ibadan
• Chief Ismail Abass Adebukola Bioku, Mogaji Bioku Anikulapo Family, Oranyan Area, Ibadan
• Chief Akeen Lawal Agbara, Mogaji Agbara Family, Oke Ado Area, Ibadan and
• Chief Sulaimon Amoo Gbadamosi Asanike, Baale Asanike Village, Oluyole Council, Ibadan.
The Iyalode-elect of Ibadanland, High Chief (Mrs.) Theresa Laduntan Oyekanmi, made her maiden official outing at the ceremony.
No comments yet