5 Easy Tips To Stay Hydrated During Rainy Season
Hydration is not for the dry season alone.
Your body needs as much water as it can during the cold, harsh rainy season. Cold weather changes your body’s temperature, leaving your skin parched and body dehydrated as it tries to heat up. This is why you must maintain your body’s hydration levels.
Here are 5 easy tips to help you stay hydrated during the cold rainy season:
- Have a water drinking goal: Tracking your water consumption is a proven effective method for maintaining hydration on cold days. Set a water goal for yourself and track your water consumption with apps ensuring that you always have a water bottle at hand to hydrate at all times.
- Drink a lot of warm water: On cold days, opt for warm water, homemade smoothies, and healthy hot beverages.
- Eat hydrating food: Fluid foods like oranges, oatmeal, cantaloupe, celery and yoghurts are an effective way to add more water to your diet. Homemade soups made with vegetables and herbs are also great hydrating food choices.
- Layer clothing: Breathable fabrics minimize water loss and perspiration.
- Rehydrate after working out: More intense workouts means more hydration. Replenish lost workout fluid by drinking half a cup of water after every fifteen minutes of exercise.
Keep your home hydrated with some natural indoor plants and a humidifier. Your skin and nose would thank you.