How To Make Tasty Ila Alasepo (Okra Soup)
This Ila Alasepo is great comfort food and easy to make. Just a couple of ingredients and voila! You have your Okra soup ready to be devoured.
- Fresh Okro (chopped)
- Beef washed and seasoned or any other protein you prefer
- Kpanla (Smoked fish)
- Seasoning cubes
- Locust bean (iru)
- Cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons of palm oil
- 1 small onion
- Water/ stock
- 2 tablespoons of ground crayfish
- 1/3 cup Uziza leaves (optional)
- Place a pan on medium heat, add the beef, Kponmo, shaki, salt, seasoning, onion, and little water (Feel free to adjust seasoning to your taste). Let cook till tender
- While the beef is cooking, chop the okra and set aside
- Once the beef is soft enough to your taste, remove stock and set aside
- Place a clean pan on medium heat then add the palm oil, onions and the beef, Kponmo, shaki, stockfish and smoked fish
- Add the stock and cover the pot. Let it cook for about 7 minutes. Add your dried/smoked prawns after this, then add ground crayfish and cayenne pepper
- Finally, add your chopped okra. Please, do not close the pot at this stage, because if you do, the okra will not ‘draw’
- Add seasoning and salt, adjust to taste, and add the chopped Uziza leaves. (This is optional)
- Your Ila ila alasepo is ready.
Serve with Amala.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421