How To Make Oven-Baked Crispy Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are an all-time favourite for most people. I’m not a big chicken lover, I’m more of a turkey girl (I know, what’s the difference, right??) But when it comes to chicken wings, I’d gobble them down like my life depends on me finishing them.
Chicken wings are easy and fast to make if you are looking for a very quick meal to rustle up (If you are not trying to marinate for hours though), try making chicken wings.
For the crispiness, most people add flour to it, but whenever I use flour, I feel heavy after eating them so instead I use baking powder. Genius, right? Hahaa! Baking powder gives them that extra crispiness on the outside and soft/juicy goodness inside.
P.S: DO NOT REPLACE BAKING POWDER WITH BAKING SODA for this recipe. There is a difference and you’d only have yourself to blame if you do…Please dear, DON’T.
- 6 to 12 medium-sized chicken wings
- 1tsp Cameroon pepper/White pepper
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp of Garlic powder
- Baking powder
- 2 tsps of veg/olive oil
- 1 seasoning cube (This is optional)
- Salt to taste
- Fire up your oven at least 10 minutes before you start preparing the chicken wings.
- Wash and clean your chicken wings thoroughly, set aside and use a clean kitchen napkin or kitchen tissue to dry the chicken.
- In another bowl, mix all ingredients in and add your almost dry chicken, Mix well and add vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle some portions of your baking powder on the marinated chicken, make sure you cover the chicken with the baking powder.
- Line a baking pan with parchment or foil paper, then place a rack on the baking pan. Place the marinated chicken wings on the rack and bake for about 30 minutes to 40 minutes. Make sure you flip the chicken to the other side 15 or 20 minutes about 20 minutes after you started baking.
- Your crispy chicken wings are ready
- Serve with a side of your choice.