Prawn Coconut Rice Recipe
Coconut is back and we are more than delighted. With coconut, there are so many nutritious meals that you can try including the popular coconut rice. Rather than leave it bland, you should definitely try the prawn coconut rice.
- Coconut (2 would do)
- Rice (6 cups of rice)
- Onions (2 bulbs of onions)
- Seasoning cubes
- Coconut oil/vegetable oil (half cup)
- Tiger prawns (cleaned and deveined)
- Ground garlic
- Green peas and carrots/bell peppers (optional)
- Start by breaking the coconut, then grate the coconut with a grater. If you do not have a grater, just use a kitchen knife and slice the coconut into tiny bits/shreds.
- Pour the grated coconut in your blender, add a little water and blend. After this is done, keep the liquid aside for cooking the rice.
- Some people prefer to parboil their rice, but I like to cook straight (after washing thoroughly). So pour your extracted coconut milk in a pot, put a little salt, a little ground garlic and a little seasoning cube, pour in your rice and let cook, this should take about 30 minutes. If you are using the Basmati rice, this should take anywhere between 10 and 15 minutes.
- Heat up your skillet/pan with a little coconut oil or vegetable, add sliced onions, garlic, rosemary, and a little parsley, now stir fry till the onions are a little brown
- Add your chopped pepper, and let it fry for about 7 minutes, then add the shrimps/prawns, let cook for another 5 minutes
- Add your veggies (carrots, bell peppers, etc
- Mix the sauce you just made with your already cooked coconut rice
- Once the rice is soft enough to your desire, and the flavours have mixed well, your food is ready.