2023 poll: Abuja residents assure Tinubu of 70 percent votes
The aspiration of the presidential candidate of the ruling All progressive congress (APC) yesterday received a boost as hundreds of Abuja residents pledged to cast their votes for him in the 2023 presidential poll.
The National Coordinator of General Operation Deliver federal capital territory (FCT) for APC, Dr Lillian Ogbole who spoke during the launch of Operation Deliver FCT for APC disclosed that strategies have been put in place to achieve the objective.
She disclosed that mobilisers have been engaged to rally support for Tinubu across all the polling units, wards and Area Councils of the FCT.
Ogbole said President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress (APC) government has legacy achievements despite economic challenges among which was the second Niger Bridge and several road projects across the country.
She advised Nigerians to be convinced of the capacity and ability of whoever they want to vote for in the coming 2023 presidential election, looking at their past antecedents.
According to her, looking at Tinubu’s past records when he served as Lagos state governor for two terms, he is the most qualified to be Nigeria’s next president.
She said Tinubu is the most liberal Nigerian among those contesting, adding that the APC presidential candidate had positively impacted the lives of most Nigerians that came his way not minding their religion, tribe or status.
When asked how she hope to deliver FCT to Tinubu, she said: “Well, it’s a Herculean task, no doubt. But we have our modalities in place and we are working assiduously day and night to ensure our task is achieved.
“We are moving from place to place, mobilizing the people en masses, speaking to their conscience and letting them to see reasons why they should vote Ahmed Bola Tinubu. Because he’s a man that can redesign, reposition and take Nigeria to a greater height.”
On whether she has the assurance that APC will win FCT as against 2019, the coordinator said: “We are giving 110% assurance. In fact, I want to let you know very categorically now that Asiwaju will get 70% and the rest will share 30% because our modalities are in place already.
“Besides, Asiwaju himself is an asset. He has been able to sell himself to the people. He has done a lot and impacted so many lives. I think It is going to be a different ball game altogether.
“People know him and know what he can do. They know that he’s intelligent, brilliant, a visionary leader, and above all, an icon of mentorship. This is what we want. We want people that can mentor our young people.
” People that are designed to position us and also level see reasons why we should be men and women of goodwill to serve our nation to bring about paradigm shifts that will uplift our society for the betterment of all and sundry.”