Enugu leads in southeast with 12 confirmed cases of Coronavirus disease
The Enugu State government on Thursday confirmed a fresh positive case of Coronavirus.
Ebonyi has 8 cases, Imo has 3, Abia has 2 and Anambra 1.
With the development, the state now has 12 cases that has tested positive to the COVID-19 disease. Two cases had been treated and discharged and 10 currently positive and receiving treatment
The Enugu government, however, said that all reported confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state have had travel histories, even as it encouraged efforts to minimize interstate movements.
State Commissioner for health, Dr Ikechukwu Obi said in a statement that “this new case is from Ebonyi State who is married and living in Enugu. She had been in Kano for the past two months and then returned on the 4th of May 2020.
“Her sample was taken as the State Ministry of Health was alerted about her and the result came out on the 12th of May.
“Thus far all cases reported in Enugu State have had a positive travel history.”
He stated that all efforts to stem the influx of persons not on essential services through boundaries are welcome and encouraged.
The Enugu State Ministry of Health further recommends to the people of the State, the following: *Stay at home as much as you can.
- Use a clean cloth mask daily if you have to go out
- Do not touch the front of the mask while wearing it
- Remove your mask only from both ears at the same time
- Wash your cloth mask, dry and iron it everyday
- Maintain respiratory hygiene when you have to cough or sneeze
- Maintain social/physical distancing always
- Wash your hands as often as you can with soap and running water
- When you can’t wash your hands use an alcohol based hand sanitizer frequently
- Call these numbers if you think you may have or know someone who may have Covid-19 symptoms, 08182555550 or 09022333833, or the NCDC number 080097000010″.
No comments yet