Stored petrol triggers fire, destroys buildings in Agege
Properties worth millions of naira were yesterday, destroyed in early morning inferno that occurred at Agege area of Lagos.
The Guardian gathered that at least two residential structures; a storey building and bungalow were razed in the incident at Akinremi Street, off Capitol road, Agege.
Although no casualties were reported, many were injured.
Confirming the incident, the Public Relations Officer of the Lagos State Fire Service, Shakiru Amodu, said the fire was triggered by fuel stored in an apartment.
An eyewitness said people in the neighbourhood tried their best before the firefighters came. In one of the buildings, some people stored petrol because they sell black market. This helped the fire move fast and it entered our own building. We have nothing left. Everything is gone.”