Close button
The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

New testament giving – Part 1


Today, I want to begin a series on a subject that has caused much controversy in the cyberspace, social media and in the church of the living God. It has caused so much furore because any teaching on giving strikes at the very heart of the religious empires we are building. Most of the contributions on this subject are either un-informed or half-informed or just plain ignorant. For the next few weeks, I want to present in a serial form the truth about the New Testament (Spiritual) Giving.

Please read it with an open heart and watch the Holy Spirit confirm to you that the Legalistic ten percent giving called Tithes is absolutely wrong in the New Testament.

You may wish to contact me with your questions, observations and comments, using the details below. My counsel to you is to cut out the slips of these messages, and put them together for a study at the end of the series.

My prayer is that the Lord will give us understanding on these things.Let me start by warning some insincere and financially irresponsible Christians, who are unlearned and unstable in their ways and who may want to wrest the truth of this teaching, as they do others, to their destruction (2 Peter 3:16). These are the people who find it difficult to consecrate what they have to the Lord and who are looking for the slightest excuse to free themselves of any financial responsibility to God and His work. This teaching cannot help such people, because the truth contained in this teaching demands even greater level of financial commitment and responsibility than is being presently demanded from them under the Old Testament legalistic giving.

The implication of the present “Tithing” system in the New Testament Church is that the believer can consecrate his whole life to God, while he consecrates just 10 per cent of what he has to the same God, leaving the remaining 90 per cent still tied to the World system (cosmos) and to self. The purpose of this truth is to bring forth, in the lives of the true saints of God, a deliverance of this remaining 90 per cent from the world system and from self to which it has been tied, and to make it available to God to use in the closing days of the awesome conflict with the powers of darkness.

Join us for the MIDNIGHT CRY on DOVE TV (DSTV channel 349, GOTV channel 83 and StarTimes channel 464) every Thursday by 7pm and on Rock City 101.9 FM every Sunday by 9pm. For more information, please call 08037253604 or 07034495177.
Bro. Kunle Adigun, Friends of the Bridegroom International Ministries (FOBIM).


In this article:
Kunle Adigun
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet