The blessings of a meal
Memory Verse: Exodus 12:17 – ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this self-same day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations forever.
Bible Passage: Luke 22:19-20
Introduction: After the children of Israel ate the Passover meal, they received irreversible blessings. These blessings are also available to us, if we partake of the Lord’s Supper worthily. It is a meal like no other.
• Victory – Soon after the Passover meal, Moses said in Ex. 14:13 that Israel will never see its enemies again, forever. After Jesus Christ shed His blood, we overcame Satan and all its agents, Rev. 12:11. Our victory becomes irreversible.
• Deliverance – After the Passover meal, the deliverance of the children of Israel became irreversible, Ex. 14:27-28; Ex. 15:9-11. Jesus destroyed the power of death, sin, and delivered all from power of Satan, Heb. 2:14-15. Death became a horse we ride into glory. Our deliverance is complete and irreversible because He shed His blood.
• Divine Health – A whole nation was healed in an instant after the Passover meal, Ps. 107:37; 1 Pt. 2:24. And so shall it be with you.
• Prosperity – After the Passover meal, their prosperity became irreversible, Ex. 12:35-36. Jesus became poor that we might be rich – 2 Cor. 8:9.
• Fruitfulness – After the Passover meal, Israel’s fruitfulness became irreversible. We also can become productive and fruitful branches of the True Vine, Jn. 15:5.
• Breakthrough – After the Passover meal, the breakthrough of Israel became irreversible, Ex. 14:21-22. A way appeared where there was none. When Jesus shed His blood, our breakthrough became irreversible, Jn. 14:6; Heb. 10:19-20.
Why So Many Blessings From Just One Meal?
So we can serve God with joy. Ex. 8:1. Matthew 6:33 says we should seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all other things would be added. In 1 Kgs. 17:8-24, the widow of Zarephath sang many new songs because she put God first. Honour God with the first fruit of your increase.
When you take the Lord’s Supper, your victory, deliverance, divine health, prosperity, fruitfulness and breakthrough become irreversible. You will be a regular partaker of this awesome meal and enjoy great blessings therefrom in the mighty name of Jesus.
No comments yet