There’s something that you have
Many times, the devil comes to tell us that we are nobody, and that you have nothing. But all these are lies to make us look down on ourselves and do nothing concerning our situation. When you are in a difficult situation not knowing what to do, calm down and listen to God, because in every situation, He will give you a way of escape.
According to the passage in 2Kings 4:1-7, the woman is a widow and her husband had died leaving debt behind. As a result, the creditor came to take her two sons to be his slaves. So, she cried to Elisha because it was an emergency situation. She was about to lose her two sons so, she needed immediate support and to find it, she sought the Lord, by appealing to Elisha as the recognised head of the prophets.
In 2Kings 4:2 “So, Elisha said to her, ‘what shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?’ And she said, “Your maidservant has nothing in the house but a jar of oil.” Despite the fact that this woman was in great poverty, she probably had sold all she had to cater for the family, but there is still something with her, “the jar of oil”. However, this jar of oil was enough for God to multiply.
So Elisha said to her “Go borrow vessels from everywhere, from all your neighbours – empty vessels, borrow not few and when you come in, shut the door upon thee and thy sons and pour oil from one jar into the empty one” and she did that till all the vessels were filled with oil.
From this story we can see that:
• The widow believed and had faith in God, so her miracle came only by God’s power and not man because she was instructed to shut her door to avoid publicity. It was a private miracle. So, no matter the circumstances surrounding you, there’s something that you have that will connect you to your Miracle.
• No matter how little what you have is, it becomes much when God is involved.
• The way to increase what you have is to use it because God will use what you have to give you what you need.
• We should learn to pay our debts.
As a result of the supernatural provision, the window was able to sell the surplus oil, pay her debt and live without fear.
• Prophet (Dr.) Anene Nwachukwu (Oracle of God), Rhema Deliverance Mission Int’l. Inc. Rhema International Prophetic Centre Lasu-Igando Road, Church Pole Bus Stop, Beside Iba Police Station, Iba, Lagos.
No comments yet