Seeking the kingdom of God
Text: Matt. 6:33, “But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”.
Matt. 6:10 says, “Thy Kingdom come”. This is part of the Lord’s Prayer that Jesus taught His disciples. It is more than a prayer. It is not mere words, but a great revelation of our lifestyle and attitude as Christians that determine the answers to our prayers.
The Kingdom became available to be received into our hearts on the day of Pentecost, according to Rev. 12:7-10. This happened on the day Satan was cast down from heaven after the war between Michael and his angels against Satan and his angel. All these were made possible by what Jesus did. He died, bruised Satan’s head, spoilt principalities and powers, led captivity captive, resurrected, ascended and the intercessory prayers of the early church.
This Kingdom will come literally with Jesus coming back to the earth, after the church has learnt from the early church’s example. The church must: Die to natural life, Resurrect to Jesus Life, Ascend to the life of the Spirit, Disciple the nations by piercing through the forces of darkness and intercede for the birthing of the latter rain.
In between these two events, the church on earth must “Seek the kingdom” (Matt 6:33). Which means:
• To let Heaven fill our thoughts and set our sights on the joys of Heavens.
• To bring Heaven to bear on all we say and do.
• To live our lives and take decisions with eternity in view.
• To promote the lifestyle and values of the Kingdom on this earth. Such values as righteousness, peace, meekness (Zeph. 2:3)
• To pursue, desire to know and be hungry for the Kingdom. To have strong passion and feelings for the Kingdom. To be addicted to the
Kingdom. An example of such seeking is found in the story of Zechariah in Lk. 19:1-6. You will note all the 3 elements above in the story. God cannot say no to such that are seeking the Kingdom (Jer. 29:13)
From Matt 6:33, three types of seekers are identified:
• They seek the “other things” first.
• They seek the “right things the WRONG WAY”
• They seek the “right things the RIGHT WAY.” Because they seek rightly with an inquiring heart, passionately with great hunger, the
Holy Spirit begins with their conviction John 16:7-15. Once inside the kingdom, the Holy Spirit begins to unveil Jesus to the believer. Jesus is the KEY, the secret to all the other things.
Join us for the MIDNIGHT CRY on DOVE TV (DSTV channel 349, GOTV channel 83 and StarTimes channel 464) every Thursday by 7pm and on Rock City 101.9 FM every Sunday by 9pm. For more information, please call 08037253604 or 07034495177.
Bro. Kunle Adigun, Friends of the Bridegroom International Ministries (FOBIM)
No comments yet