The consequences of rebellion
1 Samuel 15:23, God said rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.
Rebellion is an attitude displayed to contradict authority. Rebellion started from the beginning of Creation. When God created Adam and Eve, He put them in the Garden of Eden and gave them instructions on what to do and what not to do. But Adam rebelled against God and it resulted in a lot of suffering before the birth of Jesus Christ.
Something happened in the Bible. A man called Naaman had leprosy and information got to him that there was a prophet in Samaria that could make him whole again. So, when Naaman met Prophet Elisha, Prophet Elisha told him to go have a wash in River Jordan. At first, Naaman refused but he later went and got his healing. So, in appreciation of what Prophet Elisha did, Naaman brought gifts to him, but Prophet Elisha refused to accept them. Gehazi, Prophet Elisha’s servant now went after Naaman, stopped him and lied that his master sent him to get back the gifts.
Out of excitement, Naaman gave the gifts to Gehazi. On getting home, Gehazi kept the gifts somewhere. So, Prophet Elisha called Gehazi to ask him where he has been but he lied. Unknown to him that Prophet Elisha saw him when he went after Naaman and Prophet Elisha spoke words that the leprosy that left Naaman should come upon Gehazi. So, Gehazi left his presence a leper. To be a rebel is to be an enemy to yourself, because you will miss out on benefits of obedience.
Things that happen to rebellious people
• Those who rebel are delivered into the hands of their enemies. Nehemiah 9:26
• The rebellious dwell in a dry land. Psalms 68:6.
• If you rebel against the Lord’s commandments, the hand of the Lord will be against you. 1 Samuel 12:14-15.
• Rebellion can cut short your life and ministry.
• The Holy Spirit will turn against you. Isaiah63:10.
Rebellious acts in the Bible
• Lucifer was cast out of Heaven. Ezekiel 28:11-19, Isaiah 14:12-14.
• Saul was removed from being king. Isaiah 13:16.
• Moses was not allowed to enter the Promised Land. Number 27:14.
• Jonah was swallowed by the big fish. Jonah 1:15-17.
• Judas Iscariot hung himself because he rebelled against Jesus. Luke 22.
It is dangerous to rebel against the Will and Word of God and to turn away from His plans, for there is no real liberty in rebellion. So, if you have rebelled against God, it is not too late. Our God is merciful. If you cry out to Him, He’ll save you. Psalms 107.
• Prophet (Dr.) Anene Nwachukwu (Oracle of God), Rhema Deliverance Mission Int’l. Inc. Rhema International Prophetic Centre Lasu-Igando Road, Church Pole Bus Stop, Beside Iba Police Station, Iba, Lagos.
No comments yet