Anthology in honour of Adesanmi gets Canadian, Nigerian publishers
While appreciating those who have submitted their poems for the anthology, the editors have extended the deadline to April 21, 2019 to allow for more submissions in memory of Adesanmi.
In a statement issued by the editors — Nduka Otiono, Institute of African Studies, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada and Uchechukwu Umezurike, Department of English & Film Studies, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada — from their base, they said: “The poems must be original. They should either celebrate Pius Adesanmi and his work or philosophically reflect on existence, mortality, immortality and/or offer hope for the living. Poets who know (or did not know the poet) should exorcise the pains of loss through provocative poems that pour out their beating hearts with all-consuming passion.”
• Submissions must be original, previously unpublished poems
• Submissions attached to emails may consist of one to three poems of no more than five pages maximum)
• Submissions must be single-spaced and page-numbered.
• Contact information, (name, mailing address, and email address) must appear on the first page of the submission. A short, third person biography of no more than 100 words should be included.
• Preferred file formats: Word doc, docx (please no PDFs)
Submission Deadline: April 21, 2019. Please note: Any poems received after the deadline will not be considered.
• All submissions to be sent to The Editors via firstname.lastname@example.org
No comments yet