Monday, 29th November 2021
<To guardian.ng
Search
Breaking News:

Ex-guber candidate sues Buhari for keeping service chiefs

By Bridget Chiedu Onochie, Abuja
18 December 2020   |   3:20 am
The former governorship candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) in Adamawa State, Alhaji Said Uba, has sued President Muhammadu Buhari to court for retaining all the service chiefs despite their alleged failure to curb insecurity in the country.

The former governorship candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) in Adamawa State, Alhaji Said Uba, has sued President Muhammadu Buhari to court for retaining all the service chiefs despite their alleged failure to curb insecurity in the country.

Uba, who filed the suit against Buhari at the Federal High Court, Abuja, on behalf of victims of insecurity in the North, also prayed the court to order the Federal Government to pay N100 billion to the victims as compensation.

He contended that the law making protection of life and property a major function of government had been grossly violated, considering the rate of insecurity in the country.

The matter will be heard on March 18, 2021.