NDA yet to find abducted soldier, says CG
The Commandant-General (CG) of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna State, Maj-Gen. Ibrahim Yusuf, has disclosed that the military is yet to find its personnel abducted during the recent invasion of the academy by gunmen.
He said the institution had already buried the officers killed by the gunmen.
On August 24, gunmen attacked NDA, killing two officers and abducting another in an operation the military is still battling to unravel.
When Yusuf appeared before the House of Representatives Committee on Defence to shed light on the NDA attack, he told the lawmakers that efforts were on to rescue the abducted officer, saying the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Lt-Gen. Lucky Irabor, visited the scene of the attack same day.
The visit of many serving senior and retired military officers to the institution, according to the commandant, was an indication of how dear the NDA was to them.
The lawmakers later went into a closed-door session with the commandant, who insisted that the latter part of the meeting would entail showing classified information and without the press.
The Committee Chairman, Babajimi Benson (APC, Lagos), therefore, asked journalists to excuse the briefing.
No comments yet