How can I find and overcome my personal challenges?
As you create your goals, there are going to be a lot of past, present and anticipated future obstacles that you will have to overcome; there are going to be hurdles that you will also have to deal with in order to find your personal success.
There are some tips on how you can overcome these obstacles, but you have to think about the way that you think about yourself and about your life in general.
The way you see the problem is the real problem.
You will find that there are some times when you just hit a brick wall and you may want to give up. The key to success is being able to identify your physical, psychological, emotional or relational obstacles, mitigate against them ahead, then push yourself over the wall as you work on your own behaviours, capabilities, abilities, skills, beliefs, values, identity and goals all at the same time.
Have you ever heard of the saying and I quote, “To err is human”?
This is true for us as human beings; we make mistakes all the time. We make mistakes in the way that we act about life and the attitude that we have towards life.
You have to consider what it is that is truly holding you back.
Is it a real obstacle or is it the way that you feel about yourself?
The hardest obstacle that you will ever have to deal with is your own negativity.
You have to understand that negative feelings discourage and disempower, and also make you feel like you are completely worthless at times.
You need to learn how to let go of negative feelings and replace them with positive feelings.
Whatsoever a man thinks and believes about himself is what he becomes. Positive thoughts, beliefs and feelings about yourself will determine your success or failure and happiness or sadness.
To overcome any kind of negative thoughts, beliefs and feelings you have to master your environment and mind.
Your lifestyle is also very key to your state of mind. So, do you exercise regularly, do you eat right and at the right time, do you sleep well, etc; all these can create serious barriers for your success.
• Do you meditate?
• Do you practice self-care?
• How often do you get message therapy?
• Do you have a life coach and therapist, to help you deal with your anxiety and negativity?
• Are you easily discouraged?
• Do you procrastinate?
• Do you quit last minute?
• Are you fearful?
• Do you lack motivation and self-drive?
• Are you afraid to fail or even succeed?
• Are you commitment phobic?
• Are you afraid to put in all the hard work required to succeed?
• Do you cave under pressure and stress?
• Do you know your stressors and how to overcome them?
• Do you feel worthless and undeserving?
• Do you know your success and failure models, i.e do you know why you fail and what you do to succeed?
• Do you know that everyone has a success and a failure model?
Instead of giving up, abandoning your vision and quitting, you need to take your time and think about ways that you can work through all these barriers.
During my one on one coaching sessions, I hand hold my clients and walk them
through the process of overcoming all these identified barriers and more.
If you or anyone else is struggling with any limitation, reach out to me by email at email@example.com
The Do It Yourself (D.I.Y) process of overcoming your barriers are as follows;
▪ Look at yourself and ask why you want to achieve this goal.
▪ Ask, is this goal really for me or is it based on the expectations of others?
▪ Do my goals align with my core values and my dominant beliefs?
▪ Ask what are my stressors, fears, limiting beliefs/thoughts, etc.
▪ Then start talking to yourself about changing some of the fears, stressors, limiting beliefs and thoughts that don’t serve you.
▪ Start taking responsibility for your life and stop blaming others or things around you.
▪ Then commit to take back your power
I am The Catalyst, Lanre Olusola.
I Transform Lives By Transforming Minds.
Follow me on all my social media @lanreolusola for more transformative content.
Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day of the week. Stay informed with the Guardian’s leading coverage of Nigerian and world news, business, technology and sports.