A fruitful life – Part 2
Immediately after all that was said about the fruit or work of the flesh is verse 22, “but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,” which means you either bear the fruit of evil or of the Spirit. Your fruit tells a lot about you. But, before you can bear fruit of the Spirit, some conditions must be fulfilled:
• Contact with the Living Water: Psalm 1:3; “and he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” Not only that you will be a profound Christian, you will even prosper materially. The blessing of the Lord will be flourishing in your life when you are dwelling daily in prayer and praise.
• Spiritual Receptivity: Matthew 13:23; “but he that receive seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundred, some sixty, some thirty.” When you hear the word of God and responded to its plea, you will bear fruit of the Spirit both in the physical and spiritual. Your heart will be full of joy, and in all your life endeavours peace will ensue.
• Death of the old life: John 12:24; “verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.” If you don’t give up your old habits: your sinful lifestyle, your bad character and all your evil activities; you will remain in your state of fruitlessness. But if you mortify and destroy all instruments of Satan in your life, you are a step away from your blessings.
• Chastening, Purging or Pruning: John 15:2; “every branch in me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.” God is also interested in our fruitfulness. If you are useless to God: you bear no good fruit at all. The Bible says; “He will spew you out”; but if you are a responsible child to God, He will remove every hindrance to your fruitful life and increase your chances of fruitfulness.
• Abiding in Christ: John 15:5; “I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” You want to do exploit in life without selling your soul to the devil? Without Christ, you can’t. You want to be secured from every evil attack of the enemy? Without Christ, you can’t. You want to succeed in any career of your life without the wicked ones obstructing you? Without Christ, you cannot. You need Christ to be successful, fruitful and breakthrough in everything.
If one is walking worthy of the Lord and your work is pleasing to Him, then the expected fruit will be the result. “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end” (Jeremiah 29:11). Whatever your expectation is, the Lord said, His thought is to give you, your expected ends. If your own expectation is to have children, “Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward” (Psalms 127:3).
Have you been working all along and you have nothing to show? Some powerful beings are obstructing your way. “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts” (Malachi 3:11). Whatever your problems are, if only you can come to the Lord, yield your life totally to Him, solution will come.
For more information contact: The Power Of Word Solution Ministry (Inc.), 49, Aseph Edema Street, Cele Bus-Stop, Abaranje Rd, Ikotun, Lagos. 08034045005; 09064665333; 07086115045.
No comments yet