Green pastures – Part 4
• Before All Things -17- Not only dignified above angels and men in nature, names, offices, and works, but He is before all in existence since they are all created by him. Therefore, He was before John the Baptist, His forerunner; before Abraham who saw His day and was glad, (John 8:56) before the first man that was made, before the angels were in being, before the heavens and the earth or any creature. Therefore, He must be God, who is from everlasting to everlasting.
• The Head Of The Church-18a-He is the founder, the sustainer and the leader of His Church. Without Him, there is no church.
• The Firstborn From The Dead-18b- This also does not mean the first who came forth from the grave in rank or time. But the first to rise from the grave never to die again. But more importantly, in Him the resurrection finds its original and eternal home. It is not merely that He rose, but that He is “the Resurrection and the Life.” (John 11:25) Halleluyah. From the 2nd and 5th description of Christ, there is no doubt that He is the beginning of history and also the end of history i.e. the first born over all creation and the first born from the dead. Halleluyah, Jesus Christ has pre-eminence in all things.
(B) The Implication:
Jesus Christ, the beginning and the end of history. The following revelations must be noted.
• Jesus Christ is not part of History, He is the History.
• All history began in Him, with Him and for Him.
• All history will end in Him, with Him and for Him.
• Therefore, there is no history before Him, beyond Him, after Him nor without Him.
• In Him, all history consists. You have no history without Him.
Since Jesus the Christ is the beginning and end of history, our greatest goal in life should not be money, properties, position nor power, but to be part of His history. (19-23). For us, as believers, His story has become our history. Without His story, there is no history. Without Him the goals of life are purposeless. Without Him, life would be a chaos instead of a cosmos. Christ is the only true connection between created minds and the unapproachable, unknowable Godhead. Therefore, men must come into total and permanent union with Christ. Separated from Him, we can do nothing. We must, therefore, renounce sin, which is the discord in the everlasting order. We must give our lives to Him and surrender to Him. Christ must abide in you and you in Him to eliminate sin. Without Jesus the Christ in your life, you have no history. Do you have history?
Rev. Dr. Israel Kristilere, Shepherdhill Baptist Church, (Sanctuary of Grace & Glory), Baptist Academy Compound, Obanikoro, Lagos.
No comments yet