The dominion mandate – Part 2
• Elijah exercised dominion when he said, there shall be no rain except by my word: And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word. 1 Kings 17:1
• Joseph also exercised his dominion mandate when in Egypt he told his brothers to go and tell his father, ‘thus saith your son’.
Haste ye, and go up to my father, and say unto him, Thus saith thy son Joseph, God hath made me lord of all Egypt: come down unto me, tarry not: Genesis 45:9
We must all realise it is God that makes man and whatever man will be.
• The angel came to Gideon in Judges Chapter six for Gideon to realise the power and authority he has. The angel re-awakened his purpose when he said, ‘go in this thy might.’ – You have what it takes to conquer, the angel seem to say to him.
And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak, which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. Judges 6:11- 12
• Isaac also exercised dominion when he got to a land of famine and God instructed him to stay and not depart to Egypt. He sowed in the land at a time of famine and he got hundred fold increases. Isaac could have prayed to God to remove the famine but he didn’t; rather, he exercised dominion in the time of famine and got hundred-fold increase (Genesis 26:1-3, 12-14).
To be the light of the world is to exercise dominion. The power to have dominion was released to man when God breathed upon man (Genesis 2:7). Even when man failed, God restored the dominion back to him with the coming of Jesus (John 1:12) and when the Holy Ghost came in the book of Acts 1:8,
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
To walk and exercise dominion:
• See the promise God has made.
• Receive it in your mind, meditate on it and make it your confession.
• Believe it in your heart, walk by faith.
• Declare it with your mouth.
• Put your belief to work – put your faith on display to achieve it.
Then you will see God backing you up and giving you great result.
Apostle Lawrence Achudume, Victory Life Bible Church,
Km 9 Olabisi Onabanjo Way, Opp. OGTV, Ajebo, Abeokuta, Ogun State
No comments yet