International Day of Yoga 2018: Yoga for Peace
In its fourth year, the International day of Yoga is observed on June 21st. The day was instituted after the current Prime Minister of India Mr Narendra Modi proposed a day for the celebration of Yoga at the United Nations General Assembly. He called yoga an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition that embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being.
Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice that originated in India. It is a discipline that includes breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures. The day is celebrated with the practice of yoga, meditation, spreading awareness about yoga and adopting it in one’s lifestyle by discussing its benefits.
The objectives of the World Yoga day includes
• To let people know the amazing and natural benefits of yoga.
• To connect people to the nature by practicing yoga.
• To make people get used of meditation through yoga.
• To draw attention of people worldwide towards the holistic benefits of yoga.
• To reduce the rate of health challenging diseases all over the world.
• To bring communities much close together to spend a day for health from busy schedule.
• To enhance growth, development and spread peace all through the world.
• To help people in their bad situations themselves by getting relief from stress through yoga.
• To strengthen the global coordination among people through yoga.
• To make people aware of physical and mental diseases and its solutions through practicing yoga.
• To protect unhealthy practices and promote and respect the good practices to make health better.
• To let people know their rights of good health and healthy life style to completely enjoy the highest standard of physical and mental health.
• To link between protection of health and sustainable health development.
• To get win over all the health challenges through regular yoga practice.
• To promote better metal and physical health of people through yoga practice.
No comments yet