• Praise gets our focus off ourselves and back on God: Praise makes us to focus on God.
• Praise makes the enemy flee: It pushes back the darkness that surrounds, and blocks the attacks and hissing lies over us. Evil will not stick around, if we’re praising our God, who will fight our battles for us. In the story of Jehoshaphat, we see God miraculously defeating the enemy, because of the people’s obedience to praise Him.
“As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir, who were invading Judah, and they were defeated” 2 Chron. 20:22.
• Praise leaves no room for complaining and negativity: God knows our hearts. And He cares about all that concerns us. But through praise, we’re focused on Him, no longer allowing too much attention to be centered around the struggles. We’re reminded of what He has already done in our lives. We’re reminded that He knows what concerns us, and is capable of taking care of all that burdens us.
“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy.” Psa. 103:2-4
“By him therefore, let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.” Heb.13:15.
• Praise makes room for God’s blessings over our lives: He will not hold back His goodness. Praise opens the gateway of blessing, as we come into the Presence of our King.
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!” Psa. 100:4
• Praise invites His presence: God dwells close to us when we praise Him. He lives there. He looks for it.
“He inhabits the praises of His people.” Psa. 22:3.
• Our spirits are refreshed and renewed in His presence: We’re strengthened by His peace and refueled by His joy. Through a heart of praise, we realise that God doesn’t just change our situations and work through our problems; He changes our hearts from heaviness.
• It paves the way for God’s power to be displayed, miracles happen: People’s lives are affected and changed. God shakes things up through praise. Praise Yahweh!
With the situation all around the globe and in our nation (NIGERIA), we have to focus back unto God, giving thanks and worship, so that we will not be distracted by worshipping God. So, therefore, start the Mid-New Year with praise to the Lord, declaring the great deeds He has done for us. A new song could be an original song of praise that I have written to the Lord. These are songs that I not only sing to the Lord, but that I should use as a declaration to others of the Lord’s glory and marvellous deeds. Set a table for the Lord to feast in your heart with a new, pure, free from taint, and not stale; full of or renewed in vigour, the heart of praise.
For more information contact: THE POWER OF WORD SOLUTION MINISTRY (INC.), 49, Aseph Edema Street, Cele Bus-Stop, Abaranje Road, Ikotun Lagos.
08034045005; 09064665333; 07086115045 Prophet (Dr.) David Aregbesola