The peril of a wicked man – Part 3
Not preaching the gospel, pulling people down and oppressing the poor are acts of wickedness. I pray that we will not be like the wicked, who will be cut off from God.
To walk in covenant help, we must learn the act of doing good and service to God.
A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth. Proverbs 6:12
• God will always bless the head of the just, but violence will cover the wicked. “The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked,” Proverbs 10:11.
• While the labour of the righteous tends to life, the fruit of the wicked leads to sorrow and destruction: their memory is lost and forgotten. “The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin,” Proverbs 10:16.
• The tongue of a just man is like a choice gold, but the wicked will be ignored by all. “The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth,” Proverbs 10:20.
• The hope of the righteous is gladness, the expectation of the wicked shall perish with them. “The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth,” Proverbs 10:30. While the righteous are not moved, the wicked will fade away.
• The way of the just man is pleasing to God; the wicked shall fall in his own destruction. The wicked not only dies, his hope perish forever. “The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness,” Proverbs 11:5.
• When it is well with the righteous, the city rejoice; when the wicked perish there is rejoicing in the land. The wicked man always wrought a deceitful work. “The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward,” Proverbs 11:18.
• There is always a sure reward for the just, but the wicked shall not go unpunished. “Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered,” Proverbs 11:21.
• Jesus was not betrayed by a sinner, but a wicked man called Judas Iscariot. We must live our lives in such a way that God will have joy and enact a covenant with us, as He did with David and as David and Jonathan did.
Like Psalm 37:3: “Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Doing good is an act of righteousness. God honours and respects men that do good.
No comments yet