Surrender to him
Too many people in the world today are trying to prove a point. They want to do things they are not called to do or that is beyond their capacity. They are doing what they are not graced to do because of competition. We must shift our attention from such attitude and focus on the real thing.
We must be empowered by God to do His will, and to truly succeed. Sometimes we want to prove we can; we are able to do this or that and become what we want to be. For a season, you may succeed in the flesh but to truly succeed and your success to outlive you, we must be empowered by God. To be empowered by God, we must surrender our will to Him and allow Him to have His way in us and through us.
Jacob fought and struggled but could not get what he wanted, which is the blessing until he surrendered to God.
And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him (Genesis 32:25).
Power with God comes with surrendering our strength to His and taming our weakness. We should surrender our pride, ego, knowledge, strength, our speed, etc, on His altar. Life is beyond physical struggle, you need the God-factor. God had to get Jacob’s thigh out of joint to slow the supplanter down to get him and reduce his speed (Genesis 32:31).
He was running too fast like many of us are running only to get to a point and wonder, ‘what have I achieved?’ Many are suffering high blood pressure, depression, body weakness and strange diseases because they are running faster than they ought to and have left the first thing undone. As a result, they are harvesting a whirlwind. It is time to praise and acknowledge our Maker and His will for us.
Everyone has some character flaws that if not checked can cause us more damage. Excessive dependence on people caused King Saul his throne, the lust of the flesh has destroyed many, anger, greed, selfishness, pride, etc., has done much danger to great destinies because they were not attended to and surrendered to God to receive Grace for the race.
• Uprightness is better than smartness (John 14:30b). It is to have a good standing with God.
• Charisma is good but character is better (Hebrews 12:1). Many have charisma and not good character. They are busy jumping around but it is for a season, it doesn’t last long.
• 2 Corinthians 12:9a. Be humble, submit to God and He will lift you. If you lift yourself, you will come down (2 Corinthians 12:9)
• Christianity is not the charisma we display in church but the charisma we display outside the church.
• The charisma we display outside the church is a result of the power we have received from the church. Let us surrender to Him and we will receive Grace for the Race.
Apostle Lawrence Achudume, Victory Life Bible Church
Km 9, Olabisi Onabanjo Way, Opp. OGTV, Ajebo, Abeokuta, Ogun State. 08072929295
No comments yet