The Great Commission (2)
Memory Verse: “How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? … How shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? How shall they hear without a preacher?” (Romans 10:14).
Bible Passage: Romans 10:1-17
THE primary way and means of carrying out the great commission is evangelism. Every child of God is called to evangelise and disciple.
Advantages of obedience
• Divine backing and support follows obedience, Matthew 28:20.
• Evangelism reinforces the faith of both the evangelist and the evangelised, Romans 10:9.
• Salvation and divine pleasure is secured. Great joy is experienced, 1 Thess.5: 16, Ps. 126:6.
• Evangelism increases passion and fervency in the spirit, Rom. 12:11.
• Divine commendation from God is received, Rom. 10:15, Is.52: 7.
• Solutions to intractable problems appear. All needs are met, Phil. 4:19. When you are involved in the work of soul winning, a reciprocal benevolence and favour sets you apart.
• Your innocence of bloodguilt will deliver you. Let us heed God’s warning in Eze. 33:6-8.
• Your call and election will be made sure.
Levers of evangelism
• The Word of God: This is indispensable, Rom.10: 14; Ps.19: 7. There is power in The Word, 1 Pet. 1:23, – 2 Tim.
2:15. It is effective and active reaching the dividing line between soul and spirit. He knows the thoughts and intentions of the heart of men, Heb. 4:12.
• The Holy Spirit empowers The Word and turns into an effective tool of evangelism, John 1:13; 1 Cor. 3:6; John 3:6; 6:6 – Acts 1:8.
• Prayer: An evangelist must pray more than preach. Only prayer can convert. Therefore, we should pray souls into the kingdom of God. In Romans 10:1 “ … my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.” John 15: 5.
God has a purpose for your life. He will love to use you for signs and wonders, John 15:2. Be ready. Obey the Lord, lest you be condemned on the last day. Are you spiritually alive and ready to rise up for the salvation of the sinners? He will make a co-labourer of you. The compassion for lost and perishing souls can only come from God. Receive it today in the mighty name of Jesus.
No comments yet